Benchmark how your company pays staff here!Below you will see two tables covering digital media jobs and digital media sales jobs, in London. This information is as accurate as possible, based on intelligence gathered across 2018 representing people at various levels of experience and at various hierarchical positions.
It’s real, it’s happening and it’s going to impact on several areas of established eco-system currently delivering advertising to the masses. Should you be concerned? …That all depends on the business you are in. If you work for a big network media agency, you may have reason for concern.
BLACKOUT: THE RISE OF THE ANTI-BLACK FRIDAY MOVEMENT The countdown to Black Friday has begun. It’s a time of the year that has you glued to your device or sees you take to your local high-street – or maybe you just head straight to work and forget about the shopping centre stampedes and online deals.
The move to bring recruitment resource in-house has been happening in media-land for many years. It makes a lot of sense for companies of a certain scale to employ dedicated resource for this and these people often work alone or in small teams and are under pressure to deliver. They are not viewed as a golden bullet to solve all the recruitment needs of the business, and are expected at times to engage with external specialists to help fill tricky positions.
Many people fall into a media agency job doing PPC Search by virtue of their natural affinity with numbers / tech and the fact they had a sympathetic degree. That’s fine, but where do you go once you’ve done a couple of years learning the trade?
Write a good job brief!
- Get the balance right between “the company”, “the role” and “the candidate” and make the brief clear and easy to decipher.
- Be highly prescriptive when specifying things the candidate must have, and feel free to state that without a specific skill or experience your application will not be successful.
- Break the document up into clear sections (the employer, the job, what you are looking for, and why it’s good to work there).
- Pitfalls: Say an appropriate amount about you as a company/employer. If you are e.g. Mediacom, people will know you, so don’t bang on about it. If you are e.g. Electric Glue, more explanation will be required.
- Pitfalls: Make sure the person reading your job spec knows precisely what you are after. It must be clear and obvious!
How Media Agencies Are Recruiting Grads – Now & NextAmongst teenagers in recent years there has been a noticeable trend for NOT going to university, primarily because of the costs involved and also because of the alternatives now available. The government has invested massively in promoting apprenticeships and offering heavily subsidised personal development courses through NCS. [http://www.ncsyes.co.uk/]
London has been hoofing down quality burgers for a few years now, and the success of dedicated boutique burger restaurants around the capital is testament to this. Some are excellent, others not so, and the fact that many top class steak restaurants now take serious pride in delivering a veritable burger master-class to their customers is further proof of our relentless hunger for quality patties. Here’s a run down of five firm favourites. Enjoy!